Wow it has been four months!
December has literally flown by. I feel like it was just last week that I was writing about my first three months here. This fourth month has had it’s ups and downs, but it is ending happily.
So what have I done in December? I suppose it’s more like what haven’t I done in December…
- I went to the ballet with one of my friends. It was Swan Lake and performed by the Moscow City Ballet. God I wish I could dance like that.
- I went to Vienna with one of my close friends here. It was absolutely beautiful. The Christmas Markets were warm and full of life. The architecture was stunning and unlike anything I’ve seen. I am so grateful to her and her family for providing me with that opportunity.
- I went to Prague (again!) This time it was with Rotary for “Vánoce v Praze” (Christmas in Prague). There I got to see my exchange friends again, go to my first hockey game (Prague won!), take a language test (which went merely okay), see more of Prague, and have lots of fun. A big děkuji moc to Rotary and the Rotex who helped organize that great time.
- I have officially experienced a Czech Christmas. My host family did a very nice job with the meal, tree, presents, etc. It made me feel like I was at home even though I wasn’t.
- And finally I have taken a bit of time to reflect on 2014 and what 2015 will bring (keep your eye out for another blog entry in the next day or two).
My fourth month in the Czech Republic has most certainly been one for the books. I cannot wait to share with you my fifth month. I hope that you all had a very Merry Christmas or Hanukkah or Kwanzaa or just a nice December. Happy New Year!
Here are some pictures… 🙂